Technicians — immediate reduction in travel time and inventory holding costs.
Client Risk – lack of buy-in from technicians
Client Solution – Lanter Delivery Systems, Inc. engineered a low cost, night unattended delivery network where we deliver and pick-up any return parts at the technicians service van while parked at home late at night. By delivering directly to the technicians service van they are able to receive parts without costly travel time and send back parts immediately.
1. Parts Distribution Center – Parts are ordered by 5:00 pm for night unattended delivery
2. Plastic tote w/label – Driver scans parts tote prior to departure
3. Lanter line haul Truck – 53’ TL – En route to Lanter Cross Docks
4. Technician Truck – driver exchanges totes, drops parts and picks-up returns
5. Parts Distribution Centers – Return parts are delivered back the PDC the following morning